VICTIMS SUPPORT FUND COMMISSIONS RECONSTRUCTED PUBLIC STRUCTURES IN THE NORTHEAST
The Chairman of Victims Support Fund (VSF) Gen T Y Danjuma on the 6th of October 2020, commissioned completed reconstructed and constructed public structures in Hong, Adamawa State. The Chairman will also proceed to commission constructed structures in Askira, Borno State on the 7th of October 2020 and Gombe, Gombe State on the 9th of October 2020.The structures include educational facilities, a council secretariat complex, a police station and police barracks.
The Infrastructure Development project is aimed at facilitating the re-establishment of local governance institutions and the restoration of basic social amenities, while helping to restore life to normalcy for the people who have suffered devastation from the insurgency. This construction project is spread across Adamawa, Borno, and Gombe States. Below are the details:
- Adamawa State, Hong Local Government Area and Michika Local Government Areas
- Renovation of Hong Local Government Secretariat
- Construction of 3 blocks of boy’s hostel at GSS Bazza
- Renovation of a girl’s hostel at GSS Bazza
- Construction of a block of 4-classrooms
- Borno State, Askira Uba Local Government Area
- Construction of Police Station Askira
- Construction of 4-man rank Police Barrack in Askira
- Gombe State, Gombe and Funakaye Local Government Areas
Constructed each at Liji Primary School, Government Day Secondary School and Angwar Ganduje Primary School, Bajoga.
- 2 blocks of 3 classrooms
- 1 block of VIP toilet
- Mini admin block
- Perimeter wall fence
- Solar powered borehole and water reticulation
1 block of library and computer room at Liji Primary School
Other areas of intervention for VSF are: facilitating access to education and providing psychosocial support to children, improving food production by providing input and machineries to small scale farmers, empowering vulnerable women to be financially independent, and strengthening the health system through support to hospitals. The VSF while ensuring judicious use of funds for quality service delivery, remains committed to alleviating the plight of victims of the insurgency and other related violence in the country.